The addition of two new teams, the Lucknow Super Giants and the Gujarat Titans, from the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 season this year has contributed to the excitement that this tournament brings each year. After being attacked by Covid in recent years, the IPL is back in India and the two new teams have a chance to show up to the local people. The captains, KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya, hope to start the tournament on the right track and prove their leadership qualities in one of the biggest stages of a cricket franchise.
Both Hardik and Rahul have one of the most stars to choose from in their teams, stars with the ability to change the game themselves.
Here's a look at 3 players from the Lucknow Super Giants Team:
1. KL Rahul: Former Punjab Kings and current captain of the Lucknow Super Giants has a big role to play in making the new IPL team start well in their first tournament. He soon finds out how Rahul leads from the front with a bat and a leading role. Rahul's team selection and placement decisions have a huge impact on team performance over time.
2. Marcus Stoinis: The Australian all-rounder has been outstanding in recent seasons in the Big Bash League and the Australian cricket team at their title-winning T20 2021 World Cup. Stoinis can give Rahul options at the top of the batting set and on the ball.
3. Ravi Bishnoi: Bishnoi's involvement in the Indian senior team could have given him a lot of confidence when he embarked on a new IPL journey with Lucknow. So far, Bishnoi has played 23 games and has 24 goals in the IPL.
Here are 3 players to watch out for from Gujarat Titans:
1. Hardik Pandya: Captain Hardik will certainly appreciate the opportunity to lead a new franchise in Gujarat as he also seeks to regain a versatile position in India's senior cricket team. Hardik was stopped due to back problems and the inability to mix regularly and in full health, which was a major cause for concern. In the role of captain, however, much is expected of the former universal Mumbai Indians.
2. Shubman Gill: IPL 2022 will be a big change in Gill's career as he tries to take on more responsibility with the new team. So far, Gill has played 58 IPL games and recorded 1,417 runs with an average of 31.49.
3. Rashid Khan: Rashid's presence in the team can easily improve the dynamics of the bowling arsenal in any area. And given Gujarat's strong bowling alley, Rashid is sure to cause trouble for even the best batsmen in the world. In IPL cricket, Rashid scored 93 goals in 76 games with an average of 20.56.